SMB 2 Overworld Ragtime SMB 2 Overworld Ragtime

This composition alone is good then when you turn it into ragtime... its just kinda the same song put in ragtime not that theirs something wrong with that its just ragtime was often played in a way to maintain the energy in the music. Often it adds extra notes to keep the energy going whether it was adding a fitting rhythm to the chords or adding extra notes to a melody where typically there wouldn't be. I know with the modern state of things we think less "energy" and more "piano played on crappy old radio" when we listen to ragtime which does create a distinct sound in its own right but its not all ragtime is. Irrelevant to this I like how you made the album art a black and white Mario hat.

TravisGladue responds:

Thanks man this really will help me in my future projects, I didn't have to much experience with the rag time genre so I just sort of made it up as I went but after I posted this song I realized it sounded nothing like ragtime so I really couldn't do much other than keep the name and try again in my next song. Many thanks man this is just an outstanding review that I am showing my gratitude towards this thanks man. You learn from your mistakes I always say.

Rebirth Rebirth

Growth - Explore The Tower Growth - Explore The Tower

Everything in this song communicates a hopeless struggle to hold yourself together in the face of adversity and every element of this song goes towards conveying this more effectively. I like it. :)

jakk-locke responds:

I'm really pleased you like it, thanks for the kind words. It's the kind of vibe i'm looking to go with so i'm glad you picked up on it.

Dance Of The Violins Dance Of The Violins

Violins and techno beats, uziz gots a good and unique sound here.

Captivation Captivation

I like the happy vibes but I think this lacks variety in its melody though I used to do the same thing so I cant judge. I think you've varied the same melody in multiple ways pretty well.

Omegeist - Breathing Circuits Omegeist - Breathing Circuits

This makes me feel like I'm on super good drugs !

Omegeist responds:

don't do drugs

Drained Drained

I think you've got a good variety going on here while still maintaining the right vibes. I also really like the intro.

TranceStep WIP TranceStep WIP

I clicked on this song because your disk art showed up first and I uploaded my song first. I decided to see it as a sign ! being a little bitch aside I really like this tune. Its catchy and its got an intriguing vibe and it makes you interested in whats to come so if you where to make an extended version of this I would be in support of it. I think it would make the song more satisfying as a whole but thats my opinion. If you got a good idea of how to extend this I say go for it. otherwise, good synthesizen and stuff.

Xsalvaz responds:

Thanks man! Glad you like it! I probably will do something with it, but I'm no good with dubstep. I'll have to find someone to do it with if I want the hard drop and wubs and such. haha
~X

Depress Depress

I like sad and sweet sounding songs like this. I also really like your high pitch saxophone part. Its slowish fading really adds a lot to the mood of the song. though a small thing I like the place where the saxophone starts. kinda makes you feel like your relaxingly gazing at the stars.

Virulence Virulence

2:15 I like how in goes all silent and stuff... I also like inverted notes and I like twisty notes... and that is good. :3

Omegeist responds:

Thanks! The only issue i had with this track was how repetitive the chords and main rhythm that went along with them was. Glad to see people are enjoying it :D